Monday, August 31, 2009

Reagan's First Day of "School"

Today was Reagan's first day of "school" (Mothers Day Out). She will be attending M-TH from 9-2 and F from 9-12. We have been talking about it for awhile now. She has had her backpack, lunch box, and nap mat for some time and we have been playing with all three. She was really excited to go this morning.




L - Reagan with her loot.
R - She heard a bird "tweet tweet"




L - Ready to go Mom
R - "I'm Reagan"


Little Girl Growing Up!


When I dropped Reagan off this morning I chose to walk her in instead of dropping her off out front since it was her first day. As soon as she set foot in the classroom she was gone. I asked her if she wanted to say good-bye to me or Abby and we got a quick wave and a short "Bye". Was anyone really worried she was going to have issues?

When she got home we learned from a note from her teacher all the things that we did that day. The one I keep thinking about is that they said the pledge. How funny to think of a bunch of 2-3 year olds doing the pledge. It's fantastic. We practiced putting the right hand over our heart this evening. Reagan apparently opted not to take a nap at school which was not surprising at all and worked out fine as she could take a nap when she got home.

3 comments:

Jessica Davis said...

awhhhhh! what a big girl!

Jenn said...

Just wait! Kaitlyn can say the pledge on her own now! It's so awesome to hear them say it in their own words! :)

So hard to believe all these babies are getting so big!

Unknown said...

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes! She's such a big girl. I'm checking out all of these pics of your life and vacations with other random peeps! We need to hang out more! I miss you guys like crazy! Yeah, this is the first time I've had in a while to sit down and get online. The new school year is crazy! New grade, new subjects to teach. AHHHHH!