Friday, July 17, 2009

Reagan Time

I'm sure I'll regret it tomorrow but today I looked at Reagan and thought what a fun age this is. She is learning new things every day. Here are a few new things that she has been up to:

**We think we may have a little soccer player on our hands. She really really loves kicking balls, no matter what the size. And she cheers herself on when she gets a really good kick.

**She's learned to say she's sorry. Early this week she hit me in the face accidentally and when I said "Ow" she grabbed my face with her little hands and looked right in my eyes and said "I'm sorry Mommy". This has all be unprompted.

**She often busts out with "Yee Haw". We did not teach her this.

**She's into making animal noises. She was running laps around Abby in the living room and each lap she would make the animal noise of whatever we would call out: dog, cat, bird, lion, dinosaur, horse, duck (her fav), sheep. etc.

**She has started calling Dad "Dap". We have no idea where this came from. Unfortunately for Dad I think it's hilarious and laugh which eggs her on. I think it's sweet she has made up her own name for her Dad.

**She needs to know what everything is called. From pointing to physically bringing things to us. She is so eager to learn.

**She is learning names. Granted most of the names are the likes of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Dora, etc. but she definitely knows the name of her best little girl friend Sarah. She in fact has called her "My Sarah".

**We bought a potty and we talk about it all the time. Right now it's sitting in the living room and she will sit on it(clothed) or make her dolls sit on it. We're just getting used to it. She's been doing the whole running away and hiding when it's time to do her business so she is obviously becoming aware of what is going on. She is still more then happy to hang out in a dirty diaper though. We're not going to push the issue so we'll see.

No comments: