Thursday, May 5, 2011

Easter 2011

I think this post may be why I have putting off posting but.............

Easter morning started off quiet and relaxing. The Easter Bunny made a stop at our house and left the girls each a book, a pair of sunglasses & an egg with candy:


 Reagan got Tangled of course.

 Showing off her new shades. Abby didn't feel like participating. 

 Feeling better after a nap once we got over to my family's. Also chips and dip always help.

 The girls got Princess Dolls from Granny. Reagan and Granny playing. (Psst, Happy Birthday Granny!)

 Apparently some Princess' can fly?!

 After we ate the girls sat on the edge of the pool and kicked and splashed with Uncle Robert standing right there.

 Trying to learn to hold their breath.

Hey, where did their clothes go???

What I remember about the next event is strictly tunnel vision so some things could be off. After sitting on the side of the pool at one point Reagan decided she was going to sit on the first step off the pool, dress and all. Real cute right? I immediately looked to Abby after I saw Reagan and I could see her mind working. She was going to do it too. Unfortunately Abby chose to do that from the side of the pool, where there is no step. It happened in slow motion. I saw her put one foot over the water and then the other and she was gone. I couldn't move fast enough. I'm guessing I was about 30-40 feet from her. I just know that when I got to the pool I could see her floating face down in the water. She wasn't moving. I was able to reach her ankle pull her to me quickly and up and out of the pool. When she got out I could feel her take a huge breath against me and then let out a cry. She cried for just a few minutes and didn't want to go to anyone else but me. But, after those moments she was ready to get down and go back near the pool. My Mom told me that she wasn't in the water for more then 5-10 seconds. I literally had dropped to the side of the pool to get her and scraped up one knee and had a huge knot/bruise on the other leg. I never felt it. Everyone else had rushed to the pool too but I never saw any of it. This was the single scariest moment of my life. I couldn't shake it and am just now (5/5/11) not having nightmares about it each night. I know that there were 7 adults right there and she was safe no matter what. No one was that terribly far from the kids. It truly just takes a second of looking away. Needless to say we will be looking into swim lessons very soon for safety more then anything.

No comments: