Tuesday, April 2, 2013

First weeks with Quinn

Overall Quinn has been a rather easy going baby. She's had her days/nights mixed up a bit but has mostly at night woken up just to eat every 2-3 hours. We had a bit of a weight gain issue at our first Drs visit however Reagan & Abby both had that issue as well so it wasn't new to us. Luckily it only took 1 weight check at 2.5 weeks old and she was finally back up to 8lbs.

We took newborn pictures for the first time ever and wow were they amazing. We've seen a few sneak peeks and will be sure to share them whenever we get them.

The girls have been amazing with Quinn. They are quick to show her off to anyone we see and are huge helpers at home. Grandma was here for 2 weeks which was especially helpful over Spring Break. Amazingly they were not as difficult as we thought they would be when she left though they are looking forward to May when they will see her again.

Quinn is the noisiest baby! She sounds like a little piggy when she eats and makes all kinds of noises when she sleeps. You think she's awake but she isn't. 

Recovery this time has been a bit harder on me which I was surprised about. I had a wonderful nurse in the hospital who was a mother of four who warned me it would be tougher. It took us a bit to find the right pain cocktail but once we did it was very helpful. I tried my best to stay on time in taking my meds which was helpful. About a week after Quinn was born I seemed to have caught possibly the stomach bug Reagan had which was a huge set back for me.  And currently I am sick again. :-(  I know much of it is that I am not taking care of myself and certainly not slowing down but it's hard. I've been pulled any many more directions this go round including working much more then I ever did before plus 2 other kids, commitments, etc. I'll get there though.

And now for more pictures which is what people really want.




 Bed head



 Loves the bath!








1 comment:

Jessica Davis said...

You make gorgeous girls! :)