Monday, August 9, 2010

Reagan Love

Reagan has had a really bad experience with the dark. She is afraid, very afraid. We thought it may be a ploy to stay up later but she is truly afraid and sobs and sobs. Some times she shows up in our room in the middle of the night crying, sometimes we hear sobbing and find her on the stairs, etc. It's never quite the same. For the past week only Dad can put her to bed and usually get her to stay there. She is currently sleeping with a flashlight that Dad has gifted to her and she can point it at whatever is scary to see if it is scary with a light on it. This has kind of worked. She also has a night light, we've tried leaving a lamp on, etc. We know it's just a phase that needs to pass.

The other night when Dad was putting her to bed she asked if I could come up. I can remember the moment as I was a bit annoyed and went up the stair. We talked for a bit and then I asked her to close her eyes and think of something that makes her happy. She closed her eyes and smiled. I asked her what is was that makes her happy and she opened her eyes and looked at me with a smile and said, "You Mommy."

I melted! I told her to dream about us having fun. I may have also had to make a promise to play Mario with her the next day. ; )

No comments: